Women’s Health Clinic
For patients registered patients we have doctors and nurses who are specially trained in Women’s Health.
- Free condoms can be collected from reception (no appointment required)
- If you are under 25 and you would like a test for Chlamydia you can collect a pack from reception (no appointment necessary)
Appointments with the nurse:
- Contraceptive advice, for all methods of contraception
- Sexual Health Advice & Screening
- Chlamydia Screening
Appointments with the doctor:
- Morning after pills (emergency contraception)
- Menopause Problems
- The smear is a sample taken from the neck of the womb.
- It detects the changes that pre-date cancer at a stage when they are easily treated and completely curable.
- All women between 25 and 49 years old should have this test every 3 years, while those aged between 50 and 64 should have it done every 5 years.
- The practice invites all eligible women for a smear test when it is due.
The practice offers a full range of contraceptive services. Please see any of the doctors or the nurse in normal surgery.