Aim of PPG
The aim of the PPG is to ensure that effective communications are established in the Practice for all service users and staff. The PPG will be the arena where issues and concerns are raised by participants in order to influence and develop healthcare services with particular emphasis on Horton Park Surgery.
1. To make a positive difference.
2. The PPG shall, from time to time, allocate agreed tasks to working groups and/or (sub) committees. The Remits, Terms of Reference, modes of report, timescales etc shall be determined by the PPG at the same time.
3. To be actively involved and consulted in any potential service developments.
4. Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests.
5. Continue to improve communications.
6. Receive support from health professionals to achieve shared goals and to access relevant training.
7. Work closely with professionals on key issues.
8. Initiate, help and attend events to promote and educate on health issues.
9. Initiate aid in the design of and evaluate the outcomes of surveys.
10. Liaise with other Patient Participation Groups in the area (NHS Bradford & Airedale can help put you in touch with other groups).
11. Affiliate to NSPP (National Association of Patient Participation) in order to gain support and resources.
To be registered at Horton Park Surgery
Roles of Members
The Chair / Vice Chair
The Chair will be a patient elected annually by the PPG group members by ballot and can serve a maximum of 3 continuous years.
The Chair’s responsibilities being involved with the agenda for group meetings, advising on issues relating to the meetings and follow up of issues arising from meetings.
The PPG will be meeting as agreed. The venue for the moment will be Clinic Room at Horton Park Surgery.
Papers will arrive no less than one week prior to the meeting date.