Reducing prescribing of over-the-counter medicines
NHS Bradford district and Craven CCGs have agreed to adopt NHS England’s guidance on reducing prescribing of over the counter medicines.
This means that if you have a minor condition that can be easily treated with medicines that are available to buy, your GP may ask you to buy the medicine rather than issue a prescription.
There are 35 minor, short-term health conditions, for further information click here.
- You can order your repeat prescription directly through SystemOnline site. This is the safest and quickest way to place your order. This service will become available through the NHS App
- You need to be registered to use this service. Please see information on our Online Services page.
Problems ordering prescriptions from SystmOnline?
If SystmOnline is refusing to allow you any more prescriptions, it may be because:
- you are ordering early, or
- because your doctor needs to re-approve your medication.
Please ring Reception on 01274 504 956 and let them know which medications you require.
A message will then be passed to the practice pharmacist to deal with your request
Please return your computer print-out and indicate which medications you would like by ticking the items you require.
- Horton Park Surgery – Place prescription slip in the box in reception.
- New Hey Road – Hand your slip in at reception.
- Nominate a pharmacy and your prescription can be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice, this is the quickest and safest way, but you can collect in person from receptionist if you wish
- Please allow 48 hours before collecting repeat prescriptions.
- Sometimes, you may be asked to make an appointment to see the doctor before your next appointment.
- This is to check the progress of your medical condition and treatment.