You can order your repeat prescription directly through the SystemOnline site via the link at the top of this page. This is the safest and quickest way to place your order. This service will become available through the NHS App.
You need to be registered to use this service.
Please return your computer print-out and indicate which medications you would like by ticking the items you require.
- Horton Park Surgery – Place prescription slip in the box in reception.
- New Hey Road – Hand your slip in at reception.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
- Nominate a pharmacy and your prescription can be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice, this is the quickest and safest way, but you can collect in person from receptionist if you wish
- Please allow 48 hours before collecting repeat prescriptions.
- Sometimes, you may be asked to make an appointment to see the doctor before your next appointment.
- This is to check the progress of your medical condition and treatment.
Reducing Prescribing of Over-the-Counter Medicines
NHS Bradford district and Craven CCGs have agreed to adopt NHS England’s guidance on reducing prescribing of over the counter medicines.
This means that if you have a minor condition that can be easily treated with medicines that are available to buy, your GP may ask you to buy the medicine rather than issue a prescription.
There are 35 minor, short-term health conditions, for further information click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.